드론 자료실

OAKWELL HALL [4K] EPIC DRONE VIDEO

Fly With… (출처 : 유튜브)

Hello again and thank you for visiting the channel.

I was kindly invited along to film here at Oakwell Hall Museum, Park and Gardens.

Oakwell Hall is a historic Elizabethan manor house located in Birstall, West Yorkshire, England. Here's a brief overview of its history:

The Hall was built in 1583 by John Batt, a successful wool merchant. The hall was constructed in the Jacobean style, characterized by its ornate architecture and distinctive features.

The Batt family lived in Oakwell Hall for several generations. They were prominent members of the local gentry and played a significant role in the social and economic life of the area during the 16th and 17th centuries.

Oakwell Hall played a role in the English Civil War (1642-1651). The Batt family were Royalists, supporting the monarchy, and the hall was garrisoned by Royalist troops during the conflict. It was besieged by Parliamentarian forces in 1643, but ultimately survived the war relatively unscathed.

The Batt family eventually sold Oakwell Hall in the 18th century, and it passed through various owners over the years. The hall underwent some modifications and renovations during this time.

In the early 20th century, there were efforts to preserve Oakwell Hall due to its historical significance. It was eventually acquired by the local authorities (Kirklees Council) and opened to the public as a museum and heritage site.

Oakwell Hall is now a popular tourist attraction and museum, showcasing its rich history and the lifestyle of the Elizabethan era. Visitors can explore the beautifully preserved interiors, gardens, and the surrounding parkland.

The Hall stands as a well-preserved example of Elizabethan architecture and provides a glimpse into the history and culture of the region during the Tudor and Stuart periods.

Oakwell Hall has been used as a filming location for several programs, but two notable productions it has been featured in are:

1. "To Walk Invisible" (2016): This television drama is a biographical film about the Brontë sisters (Charlotte, Emily, and Anne), famous authors of classic novels like "Jane Eyre" and "Wuthering Heights." Oakwell Hall was used as a filming location to recreate the period setting for this production, as it captures the essence of the 19th century.

2. Oakwell Hall is prominently featured in the television series “Gentleman Jack”.

“Gentleman Jack” is the popular historical drama series that tells the story of Anne Lister, an early 19th-century landowner, diarist, and lesbian. Oakwell Hall served as Shibden Hall in the series and is a central location for many scenes, accurately representing the historical setting of Anne Lister’s life. 

These productions chose Oakwell Hall due to its well-preserved Jacobean architecture and picturesque setting, making it a perfect choice for period dramas and historical reenactments.

As you can imagine Oakwell Hall is also an extremely popular Wedding Venue as well.

Further information about Oakwell Hall can be found here https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/muse...

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the video and thank you so much for watching.

If you haven’t seen them already please take a look at my other video’s which are linked to Anne Lister.

Is there anywhere in particular you would love for me to fly for you? 

Please put any suggestions in the comments as any recommendations will be much appreciated and I will try my best to film as many suggested locations as possible for my subscribers.

If you are enjoying the content so far please like, share and subscribe as it’s your support that will help the channel grow. Thank you.

You can also show your support by simply buying me a coffee Thank you. https://www.buymeacoffee.com/trevorshelX

Video Music: Interstellar Piano by Ivan_Luzan https://pixabay.com/music/main-title-...

A big thank you to Kirklees Council for permission to film at this beautiful location.

Thank you also to Joe Hurst Artist/Designer www.joehurstdesign.com for creating the new channel logo for me. 

#oakwellhall

#Shibden Hall

#Anne Lister

#Gentleman Jack

#Ann Walker

#Shibden Park

#Shibden

#halifax 

#calderdale 

#kirklees 

#batley 

#huddersfield